The Last Dollar Scholarship application for the class of 2018 will be available by january 2018.
Students who attend GRASP's 76 high schools, who have met with their GRASP advisor, are eligible to apply. These scholarships help meet the cost of books, computers or other expenses not covered by a student’s financial aid package. The generosity of our corporate and individual donors makes Last Dollar Scholarships possible, enabling students to attend the college or technical training to which they have been accepted.
STUDENTS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Are United States citizens
- Met with the high school GRASP advisor during his or her senior year
- Possess at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Will graduate from high school spring of 2017
- Demonstrate unmet financial need (A college financial aid award letter will be requested before the scholarship is granted.)
- Will attend a post-secondary school in Virginia (public or private)
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FOUR APPLICATION PARTS
The complete application has four parts. Partial applications will not be considered.
- The “GRASP Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist” signed by a parent or guardian and by a school official certifying cumulative GPA.
- A GRASP scholarship application including a personal statement.
- A copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled. The SAR can be reprinted by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking "View your Student Aid Report (SAR)" under "Returning User?"
- A copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.