GRASP’s 2 + 2 scholarship is designed to assist students in receiving a bachelor's degree from one of Virginia’s colleges and universities at a much lower cost and with less debt. Select applicants will be awarded a scholarship of $1,000 for their first year of community college. These scholarships help meet the cost of books, computer or other expenses not covered by the student’s financial aid package.
Application deadline: Friday, April 13, 2018
Virginia’s community colleges offer students more than the opportunity to earn a degree or certificate. They provide a pathway to the Commonwealth’s four-year colleges and universities. Through system-wide Guaranteed Admission Agreements, students who graduate from one of Virginia's 23 community colleges with an associate degree and a minimum grade point average may obtain GUARANTEED admission to one of more than 20 of Virginia’s public and private colleges and universities.
The GRASP 2 + 2 scholarship will be renewed for the student’s second year for an additional $1,000 based on successful completion of 30 credit hours with a GPA required by the Guaranteed Admission Agreement of the student’s intended four-year college or university.
In addition, all 2+2 scholarship students may be eligible for Virginia’s Two-Year College Transfer Grant up to $6,000, to help pay for the final two years at a qualifying college or university.
Students eligible to apply:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Have met with the high school GRASP advisor to establish a post-secondary plan
- Possess at least a 2.0 cumulative High School grade point average
- Will graduate from high school spring of 2018
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have financial need (EFC of $12,000 or less) as determined by the FAFSA
(You can reprint your SAR by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking "View your Student Aid Report" under "Returning User?")
- Plan to attend a Virginia Community College for 2 years starting Fall 2018, followed by 2 years at a college or university. The 4-year school in the student’s plan must have a Guaranteed Admission Agreement with the Virginia Community College System, and the student’s combined four-year program must be eligible for Virginia’s Two-Year College Transfer Grant. For information about both Guaranteed Admission and the Transfer Grant, click the links in bold above.