GRASP 2017 2+2 Renewable Scholarship
2017 deadline has passed.
GRASP’s 2 + 2 scholarship is designed to assist students in receiving a baccalaureate degree from one of Virginia’s colleges and universities at a much lower cost and with less debt. Select applicants will be awarded a scholarship of $1000 for their first year of community college. These scholarships help meet the cost of books, computer or other expenses not covered by the student’s financial aid package.
Virginia’s community colleges offer students more than the opportunity to earn a degree or certificate. They provide a pathway to the Commonwealth’s four-year colleges and universities. Through system-wide Guaranteed Admission Agreements, students who graduate from one of Virginia's 23 community colleges with an associate's degree and a minimum grade point average may obtain GUARANTEED admission to one of more than 20 of Virginia’s public and private colleges and universities.
The GRASP 2 + 2 scholarship will be renewed for the student’s second year for an additional $1000 based on successful completion of 30 credit hours with a GPA required by the Guaranteed Admission Agreement of the student’s intended four-year college or university.
In addition, all 2+2 scholarship students may be eligible for Virginia’s Two-Year College Transfer Grant up to $6,000, to help pay for the final two years at a qualifying college or university.
Students eligible to apply:
- Are United States citizens
- Have met with the high school GRASP advisor to establish a post-secondary plan
- Possess at least a 2.0 cumulative High School grade point average
- Will graduate from high school spring of 2017
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have financial need (EFC of $12,000 or less) as determined by the FAFSA
(you can reprint your SAR by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking "View your Student Aid Report" under "Returning User?")
- Plan to attend a Virginia Community College for 2 years starting Fall 2017, followed by 2 years at a college or university. The 4-year school in the student’s plan must have a Guaranteed Admission Agreement with the Virginia Community College System, and the student’s combined four-year program must be eligible for Virginia’s Two-Year College Transfer Grant. For information about both Guaranteed Admission and the Transfer Grant, click the links in bold above.